Dr. Michael Danze is your Matthews, NC CEREC dentist for single-visit tooth restorations. Why go to the dentist a second time if you don't have to?
What is CEREC?
If you desire a customized, functional, and aesthetic restoration such as a crown, onlay, or veneer, but don’t have the time to return for several office visits, CEREC could be a great option! CEREC technology restores damaged teeth and only requires a single visit to Dr. Danze’s dental office. CEREC makes your teeth stronger and more beautiful, all while keeping your teeth looking natural. The restoration is metal-free, and the high-grade ceramic material is compatible with the natural tissue found in your mouth.
The CEREC Process
During your appointment, Dr. Danze will discuss with you the details of the procedure and answer any questions you may have. If you decide that CEREC is a good option, you can start your treatment right away! Dr. Danze will apply a thin layer of reflective powder onto your tooth and will use a special 3D imaging camera to take a photo of the tooth. Using CEREC's proprietary software, Dr. Danze will design your restoration to match the color, shape, and size of the surrounding teeth. Then, CEREC’s diamond burs will create your restoration out of a single piece of ceramic. Finally, Dr. Danze will bond the CEREC ceramic restoration to your tooth using state-of-the-art adhesive dentistry.
Why Choose CEREC?
There are many advantages of using CEREC over traditional crown technology.
- Time: CEREC crowns are made in one visit, saving you considerable time away from your job and family.
- Comfort: With CEREC, there is no need for a temporary crown, eliminating significant potential discomfort.
- Aesthetics: The strong, metal-free, tooth-colored ceramic materials of CEREC restore your teeth to their natural strength, beauty, and function, and closely match the composition of your natural tooth structure.
- Strength: Milled ceramic is stronger than the traditional method of layering and pressing, so your smile will stay beautiful for years!
- Resilience: CEREC crowns will last as long or longer than lab-fabricated restorations, especially when partnered with excellent home oral hygiene care and regular cleanings at our Matthews, NC dental office.
- Versatility: In addition to crowns, CEREC material and technology can also be used for fillings. Since these fillings are made out of porcelain, they are more durable than white composite fillings.
CEREC single-visit crows allow Dr. Danze to restore your smile in just one appointment. To learn more, call our Matthews dental office!